More than 140 topics will be discussed during the 81st General Meeting of the International Electrotechnical Commission in Vladivostok
7 April 2017
More than 140 topics will be discussed during one of the major international events in the field of standardization in 2017 – 81st General Meeting of the International Electrotechnical Commission (hereinafter – IEC GM), which will be held in Vladivostok October 9-13, 2017. It should be noted that Russia holds IEC GM for the first time since 1977.
Topics of discussion during expert meetings:
- International Electrotechnical Vocabulary;
- Distributed energy resources connected to the electric grid;
- The integration of renewable energy into the power system;
- Predicting power of renewable energy sources;
- Electrical equipment and systems for railways;
- Electroacoustics and safety requirements;
- Safety devices for explosion-proof equipment.
IEC GM is conducted in the format of expert meetings with the participation of senior representatives of the world's leading high-tech companies actively participating in international standardization activities. All management meetings, a number of advisory body meetings and 20 technical bodies of the IEC are held during the IEC GM.
The venue will demonstrate the achievements of Russian companies in the field of electrical engineering and electronics, as well as the readiness of the domestic industry to make a significant contribution to the standardization of high-precision industries.